20 Questions with Kasey Hill
- What made you decide to become an author?
I have always had the love to write. We started writing stories in first grade and it always stuck with me. Then after my son was born, I wanted to write stories for them to read.
- What is the hardest thing about writing for you?
Finding the time to be able to do it. I am a full time mom to three young children (8, 6, and 2.) By the time I actually have time to sit and write anymore, I am exhausted. So, I try to write early in the morning or late at night when everyone has went to sleep.
- Do you have any routines or superstitions that you go through whenever you write a book – Such as a specific room to write in, certain drink, same pen/pencil every time, specific music or noise? Release a book?
I have no routines really lol I write with anything on TV. Right now, I am writing on my ghost book with Disney’s Brave playing on TV lol
- Who is the one person in the writing profession who has inspired you the most?
Becky Mushko is the first Indie author I have met. When I was in high school, we studied her in our creative writing class and she even came by. She was the one who made me see that I could one day be a writer.
- Which character is your favorite? Which character was the hardest to write? Why?
My favorite character would have to be Maryjane in The Wastelands of Oz. You could see the clear character development I had with her from beginning to end. The hardest to write was Isobel from The Haunting at Foxwood Village. I had to make her seem crazy but not crazy at the same time, which made me feel crazy lol
- Would you consider collaborating on a book with anyone else? If so…who? Who would be your unicorn author to collaborate with?
I have had this chance before twice and never again will I ever collaborate an actual piece of fiction with someone again. Both of the authors I wrote with I am no longer a friend of. Therefore, the pieces was pulled. Both of the books were my ideas. One of the books could actually go along with The Haunting at Foxwood Village. But, it is what it is.
- Who is your favorite author…someone that you will buy their book even without thinking?
Sharyn McCrumb! I absolutely love her historical fiction books about the south.
- What is your best piece of advice for someone who wants to write or publish?
Study the market prior to publishing. Mark trends and make sure that you have a marketing strategy planned. Build a fan base prior to releasing a book. Have fun! Don’t let it become a job!
- If you could ask your readers 1 question and have them all answer…what would it be?
Backstreet Boys or NSYNC
- What is your writing kryptonite?
Time. I feel as if I never have time to d what I need to get done in a scene lol
- Do you plot out your book or do you write as you go?
I write by the seat of my pants lol
- Do you want each book or series to stand on its own or are you building a universe where all the books/series connect with each other?
Actually, I plan to somehow create a universe with my books
- If you could go back and give yourself one piece of advice related to writing what would it be?
Finish the book you started
- What is the biggest lesson you learned after you published your first book?
Takeovers in events are pointless for sales
- What is a guilty pleasure?
Binge reading or binge watching
- Do you have a favorite vacation spot?
We don’t go on vacation lol
- What’s an Item on your bucket list?
Go to Nashville on vacation lol
- Do you have a spirit animal? If so, what is it?
Yes, a phoenix. Because no matter what I go through, I come back harder than before.
- What is your favorite holiday & why?
Samhain… I am a witch and it’s the Witch’s New Year. The veil is thinnest at this time of year and contact with the dead is prevalent.
- What’s your favorite Halloween candy?
Peanut Butter Taffy
Author Links –
- Twitter: twitter.com/kaseyhillauthor
- Website: http://www.kaseyhillauthor.com
- Blog: www.kaseyhillauthor.tumblr.com
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/kdt21/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/11075849.Kasey_Hill
- The Black Widows Web: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1805999022997291/
The Chained Brat:
Erotic House Wives Club
Reader Group: Scream Queens https://www.facebook.com/groups/553827932026432/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/112169881236347952709/posts
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kaseyhill02201988
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Kasey-Hill/e/B00O2WT210
Editing page – https://www.facebook.com/NiteOwlPublishingServices/