20 Questions with Robert Lee Johnston
1. What made you decide to become an author?
I always wrote stuff, I love sentences and used to just play with words. I love a dictionary and also for some reason phrases always stuck in my head.
2. What is the hardest thing about writing for you?
Sacrificing every other part of my life and mind is the hardest, constantly analyzing.
3. Do you have any routines or superstitions that you go through whenever you write a book – Such as a specific room to write in, certain drink, same pen/pencil every time, specific music or noise? Release a book?
No, but i only get creative at around midnight.
4. Who is the one person in the writing profession who has inspired you the most?
I don’t know anyone in the profession, so, Greg Shilton, because he is not in the writing business is a big part of my writing business.
5. Which character is your favorite? Which character was the hardest to write? Why?
I love some of the women i wrote, and they are the hardest for me to write,,,, cos I’m a bloke.
6. Would you consider collaborating on a book with anyone else? If so…who? Who would be your unicorn author to collaborate with?
No. I am to slow and am hard to write with and don’t play well with others.
7. Who is your favorite author…someone that you will buy their book even without thinking?
8. What is your best piece of advice for someone who wants to write or publish?
Write a lot.
9. If you could ask your readers 1 question and have them all answer…what would it be?
Did you tell ya mates how good I write?
10. What is your writing kryptonite?
11. Do you plot out your book or do you write as you go?
I have to see the ending in my head then I’m fine.
12. Do you want each book or series to stand on its own or are you building a universe where all the books/series connect with each other? I dislike sequels and prefer to get my book fix in one hit.
13. If you could go back and give yourself one piece of advice related to writing what would it be?
Write better! Be normal! Hahahaha.
14. What is the biggest lesson you learned after you published your first book?
I learned that writing is the easy part.
15. What is a guilty pleasure?
16. Do you have a favorite vacation spot?
17. What’s an Item on your bucket list?
The biggest item, success
18. Do you have a spirit animal? If so, what is it?
No, I’m just me
19. What is your favorite holiday & why?
Any holiday is a good one, the best ones are with music and mates.
20. What’s your favorite Halloween candy?
I’m Australian and it really isn’t a thing here yet, but i love a Tim Tam.
Robert Lee Johnston
Robert enjoys writing challenging, villainous characters and subjects. He loves the Australian humour, in good or poor taste, that is born from those places of darkness. It is his belief that the deeper, more painful the situation, the funnier and better Aussies become.
Australia is a nation of fair fighters, with a proud sense of humour and humility. That combination is unique and rare and continues to inspire and supply him with many characters, brawlers, squealers, pelicans, cowards, galahs, absolute bloody champions and the down- trodden to choose from.
Check out Robert’s Podcast Interviews: http://www.buzzsprout.com/182351
PO Box 181 Mirriwinni QLD 4871
United States Contact:
Raven Canely PA/Management RavenCanely@gmail.com
✮ Facebook: https://www.facebook. com/groups/tributarians/