20 Questions with Aaron L. Spear
- What made you decide to become an author?
It’s really the only answer to the fact I daydreamed so much as a kid. I get extremely bored and my mind wanders to far off places and creates different people, action scenes with heroes and villains etc.
- What is the hardest thing about writing for you?
Editing. The time between finishing the draft and publishing. It’s super important, but I hate it with every fibre of my being. I really wish I could blink and it would be done for me.
- Do you have any routines or superstitions that you go through whenever you write a book – Such as a specific room to write in, certain drink, same pen/pencil every time, specific music or noise? Release a book?
I listen to movie trailer music when writing actions.
- Who is the one person in the writing profession who has inspired you the most?
Probably my PA, Jo. She was one of the first to really believe in me and think I was worth anything as a storyteller. All through the ups and downs she’s been the rock I needed to keep going. And she’s still there to hold my hand and give a little ego stroking during the rough times.
- Which character is your favorite? Which character was the hardest to write? Why?
Kinda hard to pick, as its like choosing between your kids. But in my vampire series, probably Lee Nightingale. He is the absolute worst person possible, but most fans love him coz he just tries to have sex with everything. In my MMA series, I’d say Fiona, as she is the smart ass best friend we all need. She’s not the main character but basically steals every scene she’s in.
- Would you consider collaborating on a book with anyone else? If so…who?
Who would be your unicorn author to collaborate with? Definitely Jaymin Eve. She’s incredible with world and tension building, and her character skill is amazing.
- Who is your favorite author…someone that you will buy their book even without thinking?
Unfortunately they are all dead. Puzo, Blatty, Dahl.
- What is your best piece of advice for someone who wants to write or publish?
Believe in yourself, and grow a thick skin.
- If you could ask your readers 1 question and have them all answer…what would it be?
Just how awesome is Speerzie?
- What is your writing kryptonite?
Netflix and chill.
- Do you plot out your book or do you write as you go?
A little from column A and a little from column B. I used to plot everything but now I’m leaning towards more pantsing. It’s fun and scary.
- Do you want each book or series to stand on its own or are you building a universe where all the books/series connect with each other?
I’m building my Speerverse with every book. Everything is connected in some way.
- If you could go back and give yourself one piece of advice related to writing what would it be?
Get on FB earlier and learn from those that came before. You’ll save yourself a lot of trial and error.
- What is the biggest lesson you learned after you published your first book?
MARKET! MARKET! MARKET! ADS! And learn to input these things subtly into groups and conversations, to learn how to do it better.
- What is a guilty pleasure?
The music of Aqua.
- Do you have a favorite vacation spot?
- What’s an Item on your bucket list?
To have writing as my full time job.
- Do you have a spirit animal? If so, what is it?
The Australian wombat. Chubby, sleeps all day, eats when he’s awake and has sex. That’s their life.
- What is your favorite holiday & why?
America. Love the food. Love the people. Most of my fans are there lol. Why wouldn’t I?
- What’s your favorite Halloween candy?
Snickers. You’re just not the same monster without one.
Are you new to Speerzie? Come get Fanatical with our Favourite Aussie Bloke, and get your FANG BITE. Good Neck Action isn’t just for Vamps… MMA fighters like it too:
➡ FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/Speerverse/
➡ Amazon: https://viewAuthor.at/AaronLSpeer
➡ Newsletter: https://tinyurl.com/SpeerverseNews
➡ GoodReads: https://tinyurl.com/AaronLSpeerOnGR
➡ BookBub: https://tinyurl.com/AaronLSpeerOnBB
➡ Twitter: https://twitter.com/Aaron_Speer
➡ Enter Fans: https://tinyurl.com/SpeerverseFanatics
If you’re ever caught needing a Speerverse Fix and can’t find your FANG BITE, No worries! Just remember:
Want to drop Aaron a line? Buy a signed book or have a question? He loves to hear from readers:
If you’re a reviewer looking for great books to read, come join Speerverse Reviewers:
Author Signing Events
Do you hunger for SIGNED BOOKS? Is your Speerverse OBSESSION just not quenched by social media interaction with Speerzie? Do you need some serious face time to tell The Master of the Tease exactly what his books do to you?
Then 2020 could be the YEAR for YOU! You lucky sons of bi… erm, book event hopping babes lucky enough to be Down Under in 2020 have 3 chances to meet our Favourite Aussie Bloke AND get his signature on his books, his merch, a grocery receipt… basically, if the organizers of the events won’t faint over it, he’ll sign it!
February 1, 2020: McTeasey will be getting his fancy on at BABE!
Find out all of the Event Details AND Pre-Order here: https://tinyurl.com/SpeerAtBABE
August 1, 2020: You can see Aaron and his books at Books In-Sight Melbourne!
Find out all of the Event Details AND Pre-Order here: https://tinyurl.com/SpeerBISM2020
September 26, 2020: Make sure you’re getting down with all the Aussie peeps, especially McSneaky Pants, at Newcastle Book Boyfriend Author Event! Find out all of the Event Details AND Pre-Order here https://tinyurl.com/SpeerAtNewCastle
Make sure you check out the event links to see who else you could meet!
*Want to buy a signed copy of one or more of Speerzie’s books but can’t make it a signing? No worries! Email Aaron at: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options.